Friday, October 30, 2015

"NEXT" and #ponderizing about hope

So my apartment has experienced 4 break ups in the past week and a half and it's been pretty discouraging all around.

Over the summer I almost dated someone, but things didn't work out. I was expressing my frustrations to my parents and my dad said: "I have the perfect four-letter word for this situation, and that four-letter word is: NEXT!" It was easy then because I knew that Heavenly Father had something better in store for me.

But it's not always that easy. Sometimes there's not a clear "next" and we have to wander in darkness for a while.

My #ponderize scripture for the week comes from Romans 8:

"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

If we know what it is that we're hoping for, then it's not real hope. God wants us to hope in Him! The second we define what it is that we want, we're limiting our faith and limiting His capacity to bless us.

The following verses read:

"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

When we pray, we need only show our love and devotion for God. We don't need to verbalize what it is that we need, because often we don't know. The Spirit makes intercession for us by helping us feel confident that God will bless us with something better than we can comprehend. We have to hold onto that hope, patiently waiting for whatever or whoever is "next."

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."

1 comment: